As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you.
Playing St. Patrick’s Day themed bingo can be a fun and engaging activity to incorporate into a classroom celebration.
How to play St. Patrick’s Day bingo…
Here are the steps to play bingo using this printable game with St. Patrick’s Day themed cards with illustrations instead of numbers:
- Start by printing out the St. Patrick’s Day themed bingo cards with illustrations. Each player should have a different card with a unique set of illustrations.
- Give each player a handful of bingo chips. Use the printable ones provided oritems you have on hand such as small coins, buttons, or candy.
- As the game begins, an announcer will call out a series of St. Patrick’s Day themed images or words, such as “pot of gold,” “shamrock,” “leprechaun,” “rainbow,” etc.
- Players will then check their cards to see if they have the corresponding illustration on their card. If they do, they place a bingo chip on that spot.
- The announcer will continue to call out images or words until someone gets a “bingo” by filling in a row (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal) of five spaces with chips. When a player gets bingo, they call it out loud.
- Once a player calls bingo, the game stops and the announcer checks the card to confirm the win. If the player has won, they are declared the winner and the game is over. If there are multiple winners, the prize can be split between them.
- To keep the game interesting, you can play multiple rounds or switch up the prize each round.
How to make St. Patrick’s Day bingo a part of your classroom….
Playing St. Patrick’s Day themed bingo can be a fun and engaging activity to incorporate into a classroom celebration. Here are some ways it could be done:
- As a warm-up: Start the class off by playing a quick game of holiday bingo to get everyone in the festive spirit. It can also help to break the ice and get students interacting with each other.
- During downtime: If there’s some downtime in the class schedule, such as after a test or during a free period, playing bingo can be a fun way to pass the time while still keeping students engaged.
- As part of a lesson: If you’re teaching about St. Patrick’s Day, playing themed bingo can be a great way to reinforce vocabulary words or concepts related to the holiday.
- As a reward: If students have been working hard and meeting their goals, playing bingo can be a fun way to reward them for their efforts.
Do you want this St. Patrick’s Day game for your classroom….
This holiday bingo game is yours to print for free when you’re a Happy Printable subscriber.
If you’re already a Happy Printable subscriber you can use the form above.